- returned two overdue videos
- returned one waaaaay overdue book
- mailed in three Netflix videos I've had for a month
- paid my wireless bill
- bought stamps
- did lots of actual work at work (imagine!)
- walked 30 blocks
- hopped around on a trampoline for an hour in cardio-lates
And listen up: it was a long time coming.
For most of the past month I lay around my house, accruing fines on overdue media, mostly season four of The Wire. It was a much-needed mental vacation away from life, which had taken an unpleasant turn.
As strong as the inclination can be to hide from the badness by throwing yourself into frenzied but insincere activity, I've begun to realize that hibernating, contemplating and relaxing can get 'er up and running faster than that. The rest cure!
Oh, for the days that you could lounge around in Switzerland, eating grapes. I bet your sheets were hung on the line and smelled of mountain air. Only for my orderlies I'd choose the Disorderlies, because in times of distress, you should have the Fat Boys on hand.