Yes folks, it's that time - Valentine's. And just to warn you, the weather may put a damper on the evening!
Since it may be the only time EVER that it's cool to be a little bit cheap on the big day, despite it being Saturday - here are five things you can do for small bucks but get big bang:
1. Living Room Picnic - order takeaway from your favorite place and transform the living room into a romantic den. Guys - this requires planning - and the best way to get a gal out of the house is to send her for a pedicure. For tips, watch No Reservations. Extra points for strawberries and chocolate!
2. Get Mortified - for those done with mushy love and stuff, get Mortified this Friday and Saturday.
3. Valentine's Brunch - need I say more? Zazie is my personal favorite, but only on sunny days. When in doubt, yelp.
4. Slum Dog Millionaire and Indian Food. Hit the Tenderloin for yummy Indian (Shalimar, Chutney) and then head over to Van Ness AMC to catch a sure fire movie.
5. North Beach Stroll - nothing is more fun than people watching and spotting other couples on expensive, miserable dates! Glam it up with big umbrella, rain slicker and boots. Walk on Columbus between Broadway and Union. If you have a chance to visit "The most Romantic Restaurant" downtown. It's worth the...awkwardness. Romantic spots - the booth at Vesuvio, grabbing a slice at Cable Car Pizza and topping off the night at Tony Nics. For the hipster variation, stroll 18th street and go to Elbo Room or Dalva. Add a Burrito - Yum! - however, not for everyone.
And keep those someecards coming!