The Lincoln Opinion Show Goes on the Road!
Chief and his brother "The Creative One" are off to New York this weekend. They're spreading the Lincoln Brother Magic, in the form of strong opinions about everything from the color of the sky, to the Barry Gibb song book, to how hard, and how long, Manchester United sucks.
Look for them in Times Square and the East Village/LES, as well as various boroughs, including Brooklyn and Queens.
As you can see, in the grand tradition of Irish brothers, both Chief and TCO have excellent Man Hair, and share a brotherly resemblance -- look how they stand the same way!
This family essence is even more pronounced (and nearly unbearable because of the sheer volume) when all four Lincoln boys are together with their Dad. Also, their grandmother, Peg (her people are from County Cork), looks exactly like Chief, if he were to wear an iron grey wig and house dress.
Their younger brother, "The One with the Ryan Gosling 'Hey Girl' Vibe" was supposed to join the NYC adventure, but his pregnant fiancee had an early labor scare, so he did the good guy thing and stayed home.
Chief and TCO miss him, but they're are doing okay without 'Hey Girl". Between the two of them, the elder Lincoln brothers possess more than enough Irish Superpowers to achieve a memorable NYC visit.
Of Course You've Heard of Irish Superpowers!
But in case you are unfamiliar with the nuances of Irish Superpowers, they include the ability to:
- drink way more than they should, until way later than they should, and still get up at 5 am the next morning for work ... usually painting houses and doing construction
- play a game of pool that improves -- dramatically -- with each successive shot of whiskey
- believe they can beat all non-Irish women at pool, especially if she is a dwarf
- improvise an emotional and stirring toast that has the groom and mother of the bride in tears (requires at least one, and usually more, pre-toast shot(s))
- attract a staggering number of women with their trademark scent of whiskey, cigarettes and day-old hair product
- summon a monumentally melancholy and/or foul mood in fewer than 30 seconds, whenever:
+ their favorite football (soccer) team loses
+ their rival football (soccer) team wins
+ their football (American) team loses
+ their basketball team loses
+ their college basketball team loses
+ they lose at pool (10x worse if they lose to a girl, 100x if she's a dwarf)
+ someone looks at them funny
+ Brian's Song or the Shawshank Redemption comes on cable -- even if it's in a bar!
Also? They glow in the dark.