I just got a reminder from the lovely ladies at BlogHer that I've been neglecting this sweet blog. That will never do, but this week I'm super busy with my family visiting to celebrate my 40th birthday month.
Rather than freak out about coming up with a clever post, I thought I'd share where I've been for the past couple of months. Since there is a lot of fun, new stuff, I decided to break it up over a couple of posts.
This first one is about what I've done lately at StyleList, namely a ton of interviews, including:
- Martha Stewart -- and some quotes even got picked up by NY Magazine!
- Madonna's make up artist, Gina Brooke, of Shu Uemura, gorgeous and gracious
- Project Runway's Christian Siriano -- who was a total sweetheart!
- Celebrity stylist and extension guru Ted Gibson
- Tom Brokaw -- yes, the real one -- about style and character
- Ali Hewson (Bono's wife!) on "Sustainable Fashion"
- I'm now one degree of separation from Cutest Beatle Paul McCartney, thanks to an interview with his designer daughter, Stella McCartney (also, I disavow the bitchy tone, which came from a very heavy handed editing job)
- Another hair giant, Sally Hershberger who talked about how to give your hair guts, using her AMAZING new Shagg line
- Albert Kriemler, AKRIS designer, and fine Swiss gentleman
- Naeem Khan, designer of the finale dresses in the movie Dream Girls, and also an amazing gentleman
Bonus post: my BFF Baby and I did a Dior Master Makeup Class at Neiman Marcus and then had delicious drinks while wearing ridiculous amounts of makeup. That's me, covered in bronzer, standing between master makeup artists Becky Watkins, on the left, and Karen Hummel on the right.