Last week I went to the Consumer Electronics Show with Sheila/@xiaolinmama, one of my Clever Girls Collective business partners. We're great travel buddies, and loved hanging out with so many awesome women tech bloggers. And the show itself was filled with fascinating gadgets, plus we met Bill Walton and Levar Burton.
There was just one slight freaking huge problem: the only hotel room we could get was in the Excalibur Hotel, a.k.a. the biggest shithole on the strip.
10. The room was missing the "do not disturb" sign. And didn't have a room service menu. And the safe was broken.
9. Speaking of room service, it was only available from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m., so no late night dessert parties in the room.
7. No guard at the guard stand by the elevators. Safety first!
6. No wifi. There was a single, plug-in internet cable, which Sheila and I had to share
5. The heating system had two settings that alternated automatically: blazing hot and frigid. Comfortable! Not!
4. Lame bedding -- just a sheet and a light, light blanket. Which was fine when it was blazing hot in the room, but wretched during the glacial hours of 1-2 a.m., 3-4 a.m. and 5-6 a.m.
3. A shitastic voicemail waiting for us every day, offering 40% off the Criss Angel Mindfreak show. Like anyone wants to see that tool. Now, if they'd been offering a discount on the Thunder From Down Under show (naked Australians! yes!), you'd be reading a very different blog post.
2. Flabby, shirtless bartender in the accurately named bar, Dick's Last Resort, acting out a "cum shot" with a bottle of something fizzy. While singing. To a leering crowd.
1. IS THAT A BLOOD STAIN ON THE TOWEL? AND ON MY PILLOW CASE?!?!